Friday, April 1, 2011

Ms. Jundt and Ms. Thorne- Weaving


The first art lesson was presented by Anne and Tiffany on the art of weaving. To start out this project, we were introduced to some new terms: twisting, weaving, tint, and shade. The first step was to tape 4 strips of cut newspaper to the back of one side of our template. We were then told to tape 4 pieces to the back of the adjacent side. Next we were to weave the pieces together and twist them, putting a piece of tape on the back to hold it. Then we were to choose either warm or cool colors, I chose warm, and paint our craft using either a shade or a tint in the project. I chose to use a a tint creating coral and pink. To finish my craft, I used gold and red glitter to add another dimension to it. 

Extended Project: After practicing this simple project with my students, I would move to a more difficult task of weaving by creating a basket with the techniques they just used. We would make these from a white material so that we could paint them using warm or cool colors when we're finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment