Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ms. Katzenberger and Ms. Mammenga- Pop Art

This project was based around the famous artist Andy Warhol and his unique creation and display of pop art. Andy Warhol was known for the the different colors he used based around the same picture, but with different color schemes. He also displayed his work in four-point picture collage. The different color schemes we worked with were monochromatic, analogous, warm, and cool colors. We were put into groups of 3 and were told first to sketch an item that they had set out for us. Everyone in the group had to sketch the same item, and then choose a different color scheme for their picture. I chose the monochromatic color scheme in different tints and shades of purple (as shown above). My other two group members, Nicole and Kim, did cool and warm colors respectively (shown below). We were then told to mat our pictures on a black sheet of construction paper leaving a 1" frame around each side. My picture, I thought, was more difficult because there was only one color of purple, so I had to blend black and white in with the purple to get lighter and darker shades and tints.

Extension Project: I would have my students research other artists that were known for a specific type of art (such as Andy with Pop Art) and then present to their classmates on what they are known for. I would then have the students do a project based on that artists famous work of art. This project would be integrated into Art and History.

No comments:

Post a Comment