Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ms. Anderson and Ms. Deslauries-Rainbow Fish Collage

For this project, we were instructed to make a collage fish inspired by the book " The Rainbow Fish," by Marcus Pfister. We were to free-hand draw a pattern of a fish that they gave us, but we were not aloud to trace it. We were also able to draw another type of fish if we wanted. I decorated my fish with pieces of blue, green, pink, and yellow construction paper, and then added the tin foil scales to make it resemble the "Rainbow Fish" more. To add more uniqueness and sparkle, I added sequins and glitter, which I had in my own art kit.

Extension Project: To add to this project and incorporate it into another area of the curriculum, I would have students write a story involving their unique fish. "The Rainbow Fish" story focuses of the concept of sharing and building friendship, I would have them pick an important value to them, such as family or love. This project falls under the Language Arts category.

No comments:

Post a Comment